Tourist attractions - Leova

Afiseaza de la 1 la 6 din 6
[ 1 ] Saint Nicholas Church from Tigheci Village

  Saint Nicholas Church from Tigheci Village, Leova District;   Leova District, Tigheci Village;     The old church dates from 1794 and it was built of wood. In 1829 it was rebuilt. In 1900 its most valuable possessions were stolen. During the Soviet period, the church did not function. In 1968 the communist activists of Tigheci Village demolished the former church. On the 9th of June 1990 the first stone to the foundation of the new church was built in on the place a ...

 
[ 2 ] Church having the holly bearing of the Saint Voivodes Michael and Gabriel

  Church having the holly bearing of the Saint Voivodes Michael and Gabriel; Leova District, Tomai Village, tel. 0263-69-109;     The first church was of wood, built around 1846-47. Unfortunately, it was burnt during a great storm. “A housewife nearby the church was boiling sugar and from the storm there went on fire a haycock, the men were working on the field and half of the village went on fire, among the houses there was also the church”.   The presen ...

 
[ 3 ] The Church of Saint Martyr Gheorghe from Covurlui Village

  The Church of Saint Martyr Gheorghe from Covurlui Village; Leova District, Covurlui Village.     This Church is built of wood, dated from 1805, closed in 1959 and reopened in 1989. We hereby mention that in the Republic of Moldavia there are only 7 wooden churches left. The elders state that it was built by the Turkish but it still preserves the old tradition of Romanian art even in the 21st century.   In the 1930s of the 20th century, priest Iacoban, who has come ...

 
[ 4 ] Church having the saint bearing of the Saint Voievodes Michael and Gabriel

  Church having the saint bearing of the Saint Voievodes Michael and Gabriel Leova District, Tigheci Village, centre of the village, Stephen the Great Street   The old church was built in 1811 of wood. The works to the new church started in 1989 after a project from Lvov Region. In 1990 the church was built, of stone foundation, with brick of silicate brick on the exterior and red brick on the interior.   In 1990 the place was hallowed and the foundation stone was put by V ...

 
[ 5 ] Church with the saint bearing of Saint Parascheva Leova District, Leova Town

  Church with the saint bearing of Saint Parascheva Leova District, Leova Town     Saint Parascheva Church is mentioned in documents as a wooden church. It was built in 1818 of brick; in 1933 it was rebuilt, changing the plan of the church. In 1992 it was repainted, changing only a little the plan of the church. It was then also reopened. Until 1885 it is one of the most important main buildings from the town.   It is built in boat shape and has two domes.  &n ...

 
[ 6 ] Church bearing the names of Saints Constantin and Helen, Filipeni Village

  Church bearing the names of Saints Constantin and Helen    Leova District, Filipeni Village, in the center of the village, opposite the Mayor House.     The church from Filipeni Village was opened on 3rd of June 1907, at its construction participating 400 inhabitants of the village, working and bringing money to built this saint halidom. From its opening, it was ruled by vicar Proteereu Gheorghe Agura. At present, the vicar of the church is Sergiu Băr ...

 
Afiseaza de la 1 la 6 din 6

Pentru informaţii despre celelalte programe finanţate de Uniunea Europeană în România, cât şi pentru informaţii detaliate privind aderarea României la Uniunea Europeană, vă invităm să vizitaţi adresa web a Centrului de Informare al Comisiei Europene in Romania.
Acest site web nu reprezintă în mod necesar poziţia oficială a Comisiei Europene. Întreaga răspundere asupra corectitudinii şi coerenţei informaţiilor prezentate revine iniţiatorilor site-ului web.